EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP AND MANAGERIAL SKILLS
Changes are no more a buzz word in management as the business world is very global, competitive and complex as expectations rise. There are more complicated and diversified challenges, never experienced before. Hence, changes become a norm. To manage the business effectively and efficiently requires a new look and paradigm at leadership and managerial development. Change is inevitable at all levels of management & leadership especially for those in their comfort zones. This program will teach participants to be an effective leader/manager to overcome the new challenges of the business world & how to manage your people & resources more effectively and also work with your stakeholders closely to support your department and the business. It embraces several areas of management including managing yourself, managing work and managing the people in totality which encompasses communication, motivation, problem solving and change management topics
Who Should Attend?
All HODs, Managers, Executives and aspiring Executives who can make a difference to the organization with these clear practical insights and practices.
It will enhance anyone who wishes to improve their management ability, productivity, attitude, motivation, time management and also increase their energy levels.
- Interactive conceptual inputs
- Group activities
- Case study
- Brainstorming sessions
- Self-Evaluation takeaway forms
Key Learning Outcomes
- How to effectively manage your job & the dynamics of change in your organization
- Improve your people skills while meeting the new expectations& higher productivity
- Managing self, work & business using new tools and resources.
- How to communicate to your stakeholders effectively & create a win-win situation
- Understand coaching & counseling.
- How to manage your time & work effectively using new approaches.
- How to develop your staff, improve KPIs & fulfilling budget management
- Cultivating a productive, efficient, conducive & motivating office environment, starts with good leadership which is all about YOU!!
Course Outline of Two Days
DEFINING THE ROLE OF LEADERS & MANAGERS
- Understanding the core components of LEADERSHIP versus manager role
- Deliverables of “speed”, efficient usage of resources and “initiatives.”
- Role and expectations of the new era leader & leading by example
- Learn to manage handling of human inadequacies
- Unconscious and conscious incompetency understanding
PERFORMANCE CULTURE & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Review how you look at performance management
- Develop your people in new approaches, instead of micromanaging
- Apply 360-degree leadership and Katz’s model
- Differentiate the A items from the Cs (Alan Lakein’s principle)
- Core skills of competence and Interpersonal skills
ESSENTIAL PEOPLE, NEGOTIATION SKILLS AND GE’s BEST PRACTICES
- The importance of negotiation skills
- Understanding your stakeholders
- Learn your strengths and opportunities
- Leverage on Best Practices and Market Intelligence
- Building relationships internally & externally
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION – WRITTEN AND SPOKEN
- How to get your message effectively using HORENSO
- Good business communication practices
- Pursuing excellence by building a sustainable communication climate
- Quality does not happen by Chance!!
- Implement the professional approach of pitch, body language
MANAGING SELF CHANGE, MOTIVATION & EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- How to lead change management & development by changing yourself first
- Understanding how best to delegate & win over stakeholders
- Applying EQ, coping skills & holistic motivation and “future” competencies
- What it takes to change and be a role model?
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT SITUATIONS – PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
- Effective problem solving skills & towards a “solution oriented culture.”
- EQ: How to handle emotions and feelings in a professional way
- Conflict resolution- Look for solutions and outcomes
- Dealing with rapid changes & positive problem solving skills
- Managing your key stakeholders
COACHING AND COUNSELLING
- What is Coaching & implement it
- Discover effective counselling
- Using the GROW model to move forward
- Application of some best practices
KEY EMPHASIS & REINFORCEMENT
- Leadership vs. Management, what’s the difference?
- Why leaders/managers typically fail
- Leadership success principles
- Cutting edge communication
- Setting clear goals and standards
- Delegating effectively & making good decisions
- Creating an execution yet motivating culture
Leaders don’t need to be tall, short, good looking, introvert or extrovert; however, what they must have is the constant desire to learn and develop
DURATION: Two days